Monday, January 5, 2009

Crock-Pot Chili

Today I used my new crock-pot to make chili. I thought it was great. Of course, chili is one of those things that you throw everything together and let it simmer, so cooking it in the crock-pot was not that different. It was only 5 Points, which was even better, especially when you love chili as much as I do. My DH and DD even loved it. Of course, they added Fritos and shredded cheese.

I also worked out at the grocery store today. I'm sure people thought I was crazy or really confused as I trekked around the store. After I walked around for a half hour, I then actually looked for the items I needed. :-D Now I need to figure out what to fix for tomorrow and how to eat the rest of my points since I still have 20. I have to quit skipping meals (purely by accident). It makes it so hard to get all the points in. I really need to eat some fruits and vegies today!

So far it's not been hard to follow the program and I'm remaining OP, but it is hard to get all the points in. It's been very filling and, even though I didn't eat lunch today, I wasn't that hungry at dinnertime. I guess that's why eating "filling foods" is such a good thing. Well, off to eat a piece of fruit...

3 comments:

  1. Another day down! I'm not a fan of chili, but I do love baked beans. I found that MorningStar Farms veggie hot dogs (the only veggie dogs I like) are only one point each, and my favorite (uncured) turkey dogs are two. (Nothing goes better with baked beans than hot dogs!)

    If you're not eating all your points, maybe you *could* measure out a little cheese next time. I found out very fast that it's the cheese that makes pizza mostly out of bounds, that's for sure! And many fruits and veggies are zero or one point!

    Good job getting exercise in while in the grocery store. I spent a little bit of time today picking up a 50 lb geriatric dog, which made up for the fact that I didn't have to beat the ice out of the buckets in the barn! LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. *raising hand* I will take a few of your points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'mon, Teresa, it's Friday! How are you doing? Need any support? Meal ideas? Done any exercise?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I've been married to Dave since February of '88. Between us we have four children, two DD and two DS. I live in a suburb of nice, hot, sunny, humid Houston.