Friday, January 2, 2009

Exercise - Why is it so hard?

Well, here I am, day two after making the decision to become a new, thinner me. I'm sitting here thinking I really need to get up off my duff and do a little exercise. I can't do much to start with, but I have to start! Then come the excuses, my knees hurt, my back hurts, I'm tired, and on and on and on. So, here I sit. I really hate to exercise, but I know in my head and my heart that you can't lose weight without coupling dieting with exercise. Why is it so hard to do, then? Who knows? I think if I can just do it the first time, it won't be so hard tomorrow. I don't have the excuse of it being too cold or snow and ice on the ground, not when it's 67 degrees out.

I am heading for WW tomorrow, but am actually starting today watching what I'm eating, journaling, etc. I know the routine and, starting today, I'm back to following it (except I haven't eaten anything for breakfast and that's not good).

Teresa, go eat and then go exercise!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for going to WW! (I'll comment when I get up to that post.) I walked today, and it was 29 degrees F. The dogs make it *so* worth it. I (sometimes) find it easier to exercise if I have a reason - today was a walk to the library. In summer, I bike to the grocery store (towing a kid cart to hold the groceries).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure exercise was invented by the devil.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I've been married to Dave since February of '88. Between us we have four children, two DD and two DS. I live in a suburb of nice, hot, sunny, humid Houston.