Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Frustrating Week So Far

This week has been so frustrating for me. I keep telling myself that I just don't have time for my workout because I have to do this or that. Work has been piling up on me that has to be done. You know, deadlines and all that stuff. Then today I started thinking, how much do I want this? How much do I want to lose this weight? Why do I keep making excuses as to why I can't exercise? I know I like that way it makes me feel when I'm done, I just don't enjoy doing it.

I've decided that I need to feel important to me. I need to realize that if I get healthy, so many other things will improve. I feel better, I'll look better, and I'll be able to keep up with my husband and kids. I'm getting the food in control, now I need to feel important enough to me to get out and get healthy with movement!

This is going to be tough, putting myself first, but to do this, to lose this weight, I've got to learn to do it! So, keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I try to learn this lesson....

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a problem putting myself first. I have a problem making myself believe that exercise is really something I need to do! lol I hate it, but I'm making myself do it. It's freezing here today and I'm just about to put shorts on and go out to the lanai and do my WATP. Good grief I'd rather be doing ANYTHING else! It's not easy Teresa, but you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say... baby steps! Don't try to take it all on at once! But I also say... do it! Once you get out there the first and second time it starts to become a whole lot easier to repeat. I know that the first couple of gym days for me were pure agony! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I've been married to Dave since February of '88. Between us we have four children, two DD and two DS. I live in a suburb of nice, hot, sunny, humid Houston.