Sunday, January 18, 2009

Diet versus Lifestyle Change

Going to WW wasn't really that difficult of a decision. I know I need to lose weight, as does everyone who knows me or sees me. My friends have been so sweet. They don't say anything, but there's little things they're doing that let's me know kind of what they're thinking. Things like always getting me a chair when we're doing anything that calls for standing for long periods of times, when I volunteer for stuff, they always put me on the jobs where I can sit, making sure there's plenty of room around me, etc. So, it's definitely time to change -- it was time to change long ago, but I guess I wasn't really ready. I am now more determined than ever to work this program until the end! I will succeed this time!


Of course, this is a lifestyle change and not a diet. So, I guess there will never be an end. Why is it so much easier to eat stuff that's not good for us, high-fat, high-calorie, low fiber foods? Everything is so easy for us, what, with all the fast food places and restaurants, etc. We really don't realize all the bad it's doing to us. So, I've decided that, although, it's unrealistic to say I'll never eat at a fast food place again, I'm going to severely limit it. It's just not worth what it has done to me physically -- and, of course, what the physical aspect has done emotionally.


Although, I've been overweight all my life, it's never been as bad as I am now. I used to be so outgoing, loved to do things with others, loved to go to movies, loved to meet new people. Now, I'm much more introverted. I really don't want to leave the house because of how embarrassed I am because of the way I look. I know, some people say, well, don't worry about what others think, do what you want. Well, unfortunately, that's just not me. I worry way too much about what people think of me. People are important to me; therefore, what they think matters. I want that ability to be around people without feeling self-conscious back! I will take it back!


My plans to get it back, lose weight! I know I'll need to work on it mentally, too, but if I don't have to worry about how I look, I think it will be easier. A lot of things will be easier if I don't have all this extra weight on me. I know losing the weight isn't going to solve all my problems, but it is a start! I'm so glad I don't have to do this alone, too. The 200+ board on the WW site is wonderful! Everyone is always so supportive and so full of terrific information. It's great to know I have friends to help me along the way.


Thank you, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a healthy attitude to me! Keep up the good work Teresa. I too get a lot of motivation from the 200+ board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Debby! With an attitude like that you'll reach your goal for sure.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I've been married to Dave since February of '88. Between us we have four children, two DD and two DS. I live in a suburb of nice, hot, sunny, humid Houston.