Friday, January 9, 2009

Weighed down with work

It's been a few days since I've been able to post because of work! In what I do, it's either feast or famine. It's been famine the last couple of months, but this week it's definitely been feast. So, now I'm back to the stress of working. I enjoy my work, though, so that's a big blessing.

Although, I've been sitting at my computer alot, I'm still remaining OP, which is great for me. The only thing that I really need to do is make time for exercise. I really like the way I feel when I exercise, but it's just so hard to convince myself to do it. I did great the first couple of days, but now I'm just not motivated to exercise. I wish I could afford a Y membership, then I would go swim. I love to swim, so in the summer, our backyard pool will definitely get use. I just don't want to wait until the summer to start. If anyone has any ideas of what I can do to really motivate myself, I would love to hear about it.

Oh, I almost forgot. I made Salsa Chicken in the crock-pot and it was wonderful!! It works out about 5 points per serving (I think). You serve it over rice, and it was very tasty! I will definitely be saving that recipe.

Well, now it's back to work!

2 comments:

  1. I hate exercise. I just tell myself I have to do it. I'm not motivated, I'm just driven I guess. I like the WATP dvd. I get bored with one thing though. One day I'll walk, next day I'll bike, next day do the DVD. I just keep mixing it up. I still hate it though!

    I'd love the recipe for that salsa chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog via WW board. I hope you don't mind that I jump in to read.

    Re: exercise -- I am constantly amazed that when I read stories of successful weight loss, the one exercise that is mentioned over and over again is simply walking. I know I need to get out and walk more and hope to do so when it warms up a bit.

    I know you say you cannot afford a Y membership but have you checked out rec centers in your city? Many times, you can get a cheaper short term memberships than what a Y would offer.

    I also agree with the other comment that mixing it up is key for me as well. I used to spend all of my work outs in the pool and got very bored. Now I am in the pool 4 days and doing low impact classes the other three. I am loving it and working so many different muscles.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I've been married to Dave since February of '88. Between us we have four children, two DD and two DS. I live in a suburb of nice, hot, sunny, humid Houston.